Re: [T3] Oil leak mistry

On 21 Jan 2002, at 22:06, phil cain wrote:

> Don't forget that there are two bolts behind the air
> turbine that go into the oil breather, this makes it a
> little hard to get off.

Oops! Thanks, Phil. I keep forgetting those. That makes this job just about
impossible without doing major disassembly. I always clean mine out
carefully in the course of a rebuild.

In theory, there is a large gland bolt that holds the breather box to the top of
the stand, but most people don't have the tool to remove this, and it is often
too tight to remove by makeshift means.

For those who forget the thread: This is about cleaning out the breather box.

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org
Madison, WI 53711-3054