Re: [T3] Oil leak mystery

<x-charset iso-8859-1>
----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Adney" <jadney@vwtype3.org>
To: <type3@vwtype3.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2002 2:25 PM
Subject: Re: [T3] Oil leak mystery

> The caps tend to come loose if they've been abused too many times, so they
> may need some help staying in place, but that's not part of your problem.
> "Serious blowby" might be the problem, but you should get someone who
> knows how much is normal to look at it and tell you how bad yours really
is.
> Make sure your hose is open; blow thru it and verify that everything is
clear.

The black breather assembly is absolutely full of gunk. Is it possible to
remove it from the case in order to flush it out completely?

Otherwise I will spray some degreaser into it and try to clear it in situ,
but i would not be suprised if the pipe which ducts the oil down to the road
is blocked and this is causing the whole thing to block up.

The hose connecting to the intake is clear.

Andrew Davidson

</x-charset>