RE: [T3] Ball Joints

<x-charset iso-8859-1>> New joints are available, about $20ea.  All the joints are
> interchangable
> year to year but not top to bottom, however the early ones
> with the grease
> fittings arent as long lasting.

?? My '69 has (I'm pretty sure) its original ball joints, and they are just
fine.  They have plastic plugs for the zerk fittings.  Maybe they sometimes
didn't last because people greased them too frequently or over-greased them,
causing the boots to split. I'm doing everything I can to keep my original
ball joints happy.  I don't think I'll find OEM quality for $20ea!  When I
re-did the ball joints on my old '70, the new joints (Cofap, $25ea I think)
did not feel as stiff as the originals when I wiggled the stems on the
bench.

John, I'd try slipping the boots back over your original joints and securing
them with baling wire.  Then pump in just enough grease to make the boot
feel firm, but not hard!

-Mark Fuhriman

</x-charset>