Re: [T3] engine swap...

<x-flowed>At 08:51 PM 1/16/02 -0600, Jim Adney wrote:
>I think we're both right. Part of the "hole" is in the bellhousing, but
>part is in
>the AT engine case, too. It has to be there, as Leon described, in order to
>get to the heads of the bolts that connect the AT drive plate to the torque
>converter.

Aha.  THAT explains why it was such a PITA (!!!) that took me all day,
*and* why I had to grind and bend the wrench.  At the time, I was cursing
the apparent need for a specialized tool.  =)

>Look at the flange area at the bottom and just to the left (left is left)
>of the
>parting line. There should be a difference there. If the flywheel/drive
>plate is
>still installed it will be somewhat hard to see.

That's the area I looked at, and again I didn't see a difference.  The
flywheel is off (I swapped the engine into a MT car, then "borrowed" the
flywheel after swapping it out again), so there's nothing in the
way.  Curiouser and curiouser.  Maybe when I get it up on the stand in a
few months for a teardown/rebuild I'll find it.

</x-flowed>