RE: Wierd noise from my 71

<x-charset iso-8859-1>What weight gear oil do you have in the transmission? What's the condition
of the clutch? If it doesn't do it when warm I would look at these two
things.

On 15 Jan 2002, at 12:42, Freeride2002@cs.com wrote:

>                 I just got a 71 square back I already have 72 square and a
67
> bug. The gears are grinding when the clutch is to the floor, but only when
the
> car begins to get warm.

If it only makes noise when you press the clutch pedal down, then it is most
likely a clutch noise or a main engine thrust bearing noise. I don't think
it is
a transmission noise.

-
Jim Adney