Re: [T3] Throttle Valve Sensor

On 15 Jan 2002, at 15:35, WDBEAUMONT@prodigy.net wrote:

> What would make the throttle valve sensor require
> adjustment?  And why would a minor adjustment make
> such a difference in the driveability of my car?
> After the adjustment, my 1970 Squareback doesn't have
> the flat spot on acceleration and won't buck at low
> speeds in low gears.

They seldom need adjustment unless they have been tampered with. If they
are adjusted wrong in one direction they can give a flat spot because the EFI
thinks you are still on idle. If misadjusted in the other direction they will never
sense the idle position and will pollute more than necessary, although they
will seem to drive just fine.

Proper adjustment can be done with just an ohmmeter and the instructions
in the Bentley manual. Hope this is what you did.  ;-)