Re: RE: [T3] 31K '67 on eBay

Well, since my name came up, I must chime in.

I would be pretty skeptical of this car also.

I think Everett's question about asking is very good.

I sort of naively thought someone selling a car would KNOW whether it was 31k or 131k or in my case 71 or 171k.

Think again. I truly believe the family selling my car, didn't know and didn't look at the paperwork they had, which took about 1.5 minutes to conclusively understand it was post 100k miles on the car.

I actually didn't ask the question "How do you know it is 71k?" I know better now. You have to ask the question, even if it seems completely obvious. So, I'm a little stupid sometimes..

I recently saw a car listed with very low miles, and upon submitting further questions, and first I was receiving lightening fast email responses, I now haven't heard a word in days from the person selling an "original low miles" squareback.

I would guess the guy can't prove his assertion on the low miles, or knows he doesn't have the car he is advertising. Either way, it is ALWAYS buyer beware, and what I've learned in some of my other collecting for my home, must now be relearned in a new arena.

All in all my 171k (now 172k) square is fine, but it would not have been at the price I was willing to pay for a 71k car. My trunk area looks amazingly better than this 31k car.

my 2 cents...
jim

>>> "Shirley, James J CDR (CNSP N4341)" <Shirley.James@cnsp.navy.mil> - 1/15/02 1:27 PM >>>

..... It reminds me of the 73 Squareback Jim W. in Portland bought
the mileage was significantly different from advertised. Just a thought.
Jim S
San Diego