RE: [T3] 31K '67 on eBay

<x-flowed>This "31K '67" is the major reason that I am skeptical of Ebay and of
sellers that don't know about their vehicles, in general.  When one reads
his message, (aside from his liberal use of unnecessary apostrophes)the main
thing that stands out is his assertion that everything works "as far as I
know".  If he's had this car for any amount of time and is any kind of VW
fan, he'd KNOW if everything works. How could he know it runs like a "team
of horse's" if he doesn't know whether or not the lights and gauges work?

In general, I have a very high opinion of the VW community and find it to be
populated by trustworthy and intelligent people.  For someone like me in the
"rustbelt" it is almost impossible to get out to California to actually see
and drive a car before buying....basically we operate on faith, and the lack
of interest and devotion the aforementioned guy shows really shakes my
faith....

Joe

>From: "Erkson, Toby" <toby.erkson@intel.com>
>To: Type 3 List <type3@vwtype3.org>
>Subject: RE: [T3] 31K '67 on eBay
>Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 08:36:38 -0800
>
>Though true, I agree w/Everett.  Most garages I've seen -- including my own
>-- keep the rain and sun off the car.  Such a low mileaged GARAGED vehicle
>shouldn't need such fixes.
>
>However, to give the benefit of the doubt to the owner, maybe the paint
>just
>needs to be polished and waxed.  The paint, if truly protected from the
>environment, should still have plenty of luster in it.  Even after 25 years
>there were many spots on my baby (before the cheap-ass Macco paint job)
>that
>would still shine when given a wax...and during that period the ONLY time
>she was in a garage is when the engine was being rebuilt.
>    Toby Erkson
>    air_cooled_nut@pobox.com
>    '72 VW Squareback 1.6L bored and stroked to 2.0L, Berg five-speed
>    '95 VW Jetta III GL 2.0L, P-Chip, Jamex sport suspension, 2.25"
>MagnaFlow
>exhaust
>    Portland, Oregon, http://www.icbm.org/

</x-flowed>