[T3] Square question

I have a '67 square that I bought almost 2yrs ago.

It has an IRS tranny, but I thought 67s came with swing axle
tranny's. The reason I ask is that my tranny does not have a cradle
to hold it. The tranny bolts to the pan and then to the engine.

My question(s): Should there be a cradle to hold the tranny & Should
the car have a swing axle tranny.

Also, does anyone know how to seal the air vents in front of the
windshield so that when it rains it does not leak into the interior?

Thanks!
Clint

=====
Clint Tredway
"On the road of life, God allows U-Turns!"

Need Books,Music, or Movies?
http://tredwaysoutlet.shopexcite.com