Re: [T3] Running on 1 cylinder?

In a message dated 1/14/02 9:43:59 AM Central Standard Time,
jadney@vwtype3.org writes:

<< type3@vwtype3.org >>
3          2
    ( + )
4          1

Does this look like how your cap is wired?
Actually it is like this: 4   1
                                3   2
I reversed the 2 & 4,but all I got was some backfiring. I replaced the points
with an extra set, it starts quicker, but did not solve the problem. I also
have a new Bosch condensor on it. The ground strap appears to be ok in the
dizzy. I suspect the PO had a similiar problem before he parked it, as there
was an old dizzy in the back seat. What next????
Thanks,
Robb