From: <Wuzmop@aol.com>
To: <type3@vwtype3.org>
Sent: Monday, January 14, 2002 8:00 AM
Subject: [T3] Running on 1 cylinder?

> Ok, I spent the entire weekend adjusting valves, setting points, cleaning
plugs,etc. Over and over again. The problem I cannot get around is that it
appears to be running on 1 cylinder. I can pull off the wires of cylinder #
1,3,4 all at the same time and it does not cause a change in the idle. I
pull #2 off and it stalls (yes with 1,3,and 4 connected). I have spark at
all 4 plugs, and good spray from all 4 injectors. I do not have a timing
light,but spent hours trying to time it by ear, but no matter where I turned
the dizzy, it did not cause any change in these cylinders. (I will be
getting a light this weekend)Where do I go from here? I adjusted my valves
to .006, and noticed on the archives that you guys are setting them at
.006/.004,could this be it? I will be doing a compression check next
weekend.
> Fuel pressure/voltage/head temp sensor are all ok.
> Thanks,
> Robb

> Search old messages on the Web!  Visit http://www.vwtype3.org/list/

</x-charset>