Re: [T3] Nadine was born RHD with Sunroof

Per Lindgren wrote:

> 35i is the 88-97 Passat 3 and 4.

PerL,

Correct me if I am wrong, but my understanding is that a
"Type35" is the ill-fated Type3 Cabriolet which never made
it to production and of which only two examples remain at the
museums in Wolfsburg and Osnabreuck.

If one looks at the VIN or chassis number of a Passat III and
a Passat IV they are shown as Type3A and Type3B respectively.
Currently, Volkswagen Type codes are a number and a letter.
(Thus,  6N = VW Polo III,  1G = Golf II and Jetta II,  1H =
Golf III and Vento,  1J = Golf IV and Bora,  1E = Golf Cabriolet,
9C = New Beetle,  70 = T4 Transporter/Caravelle,   2D = LT II,
9K = Caddy van,  9U = Caddy pick-up,  etc. )

Also, here are some more Type3s:-

Type30  =  Brazilian VW Variant II (air-cooled 1978 -1981)
Type37  =  Brazilian VW Gol I (air-cooled 1981 - 1983)

Were any Audis given any Type3 codes?   (Audi 80/Fox ??)

Simon Glen
Toowoomba, Australia
1964 VW Type31
1969 VW Type42