Re: [T3] Nadine was born RHD with Sunroof

On 10 Jan 2002, at 1:45, veedub@apartment101.com wrote:

> I guess it was also quite a concidence, too, that my chassis number begins
> 318... just like the model number, huh? :)  Is there anyway to find out
> which model she is?  Does VW keep any records like that based on the Chassis
> number?

In my opinion VW made a fundamental mistake by making these numbers
so similar. You should have no problem, however, regenerating your 3 digit
model # from the microfilm. You just have a 68 LHD notch; I think that's all
you need to know and the rest is easy. Sorry, but I don't have those numbers
memorized.

BTW, I went thru the same confusion in 68 with my square (368 117 575).
Took me years to figure out....

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org