Re: [T3] suped up engine

On 8 Jan 2002, at 17:38, Paul Mudd wrote:

> anyone have any suggestions on how to supe up my engine on my 73
> squareback?  its fuel injected, so....

Start by making sure that all of the basic stuff is working correctly. Buy the
Bentley manual. Nothing will make your car into a dog worse than a mech
advance mechanism that is not working. Check the dwell, timing and valve
lash.

Make sure that the voltage regulator is regulating at ~14V with the engine
warm and at med RPM.

Decide how much more power you want. Check your wallet. [Speed costs
money. How fast do you want to go?] Buy "How to Hot Rod the VW Engine"
by Bill Fisher. Study it.

Consider the following: free flow exhaust, porting the heads (4 angle valve
job,) counterweighted crank, full flow oil filter.

Don't waste too much time reading Hot VWs. Most of the articles in there
are written just to separate you from your money and the advice there is
generally poor.

Welcome to the list. Keep asking questions.