[T3] t3 mph/kph speedo???

<x-charset iso-8859-1>hello there then.
         having recently taken out my English mph speedo to fit a German kph
trip speedometer (its safer this way wilts i live in germany for my
licence).

 i miss not having miles as well i was actually thinking about doing a bit
of measuring and using a spare mph speedo face i have marking kph onto it as
i don't believe looking at the speedo that the internal workings or
calibration changed it was just the spacing of the numbers on the dial this
would be handy with my regular visits back to the uk for courses and
suchlike .

i could make a transparent print out with my computer to fit onto the face
with a bit of work its something to think about .

anybody tell me for sure that the internals stayed the same on both types?

1966 typ 3 sqr with fitted irs pan.
soon to run 2ltr + typ 4 power.
off the speedo in germany
if i can.