Re: [T3] Mph/Kmh speedo???

I don't think there was ever a speedometer in both miles and kilometres.
If there was, I feel sure it would have had the miles per hour as the
dominant figures with the km/h written in smaller numbers and in a
different font and/or colour.  And, the counter would probably have
been in miles - (just speculation by me).

Australian speedometers went metric during late 1973, although I've
never seen a 1973 Australian-built Type3 with a metric speedo.  The
actual changeover occured in April 1974.

During the years shortly before and after the changeover one could
buy stickers or decals to place over the speedometers of virtually
every car sold in Australia.  This allowed one to monitor one's speed
in km/h as well as in mph but, of course, the counter still counted only
the miles.  This may well have been the case with the dual mode
speedometer sold on Ebay.

Simon Glen
Toowoomba, Australia
1964 VW Type3 notchback