[T3] Rader Wheels

I thought Id ask the group on this:

	Those Rader wheels that everyone is paying gobs of money for... Why?

I talked to a guy today who bought a set for his bug back in the 60's from our local Sears store, he
was very surprized when I told him that they were fetching megabucks today.  His experience with them
included having to exchange several as they kept on cracking, he finally tossed the whole set before
he sold the Bug.

So, were these indeed mass-marketed through Sears stores or were they selling an exclusive line
through the sears stores?

It seems odd to me that since you can get basically any design your heart desires today through the
aftermarket, that these old, seemingly mass marketed
wheels that had design "issues" are fetching the big bucks today?  is it soley the EMPI ties??

I think im missing something here...

Keith