[T3] Oil in Heater Box?

<x-charset Windows-1252>All-

  My sister brought me her '73 Fastback, FI with a serious case of white
smoking tailpipe.  I did a compression check and every cylinder is 103 +/- 3
psi.  I noticed that there is a considerable amount of oil spitting out of
the left side heater box at the tailpipe connection (loose connection).
Could this really be a blow by oil problem (rings?) with the compression in
the "normal" range?  The number 3 cylinder had the highest compression.

Thanks,

Craig

! Craig Woolston             !
! '70 Sqback, FI, AT->MT     !