Re: [T3] Fastback miss during idle update

On 6 Jan 2002, at 1:40, Dave Hall wrote:

> Just a thought about the misfire - you don't use copper grease on the
> plug threads do you?  I've known it cause a misfire.  A drop of clean
> engine oil for some reason is less likely to cause this problem than
> the copper grease.

Right, most  anti-seize compuunds contain metals of one kind or
another. If you put these on your spark plug threads eventually the
threaded hole in the head, and its surrounds will be covered with
the stuff. Then the next time you put a plug down there, there is a
chance of picking some up on the SP insulator without realizing it.

Once it's on the insulator its likely to short out the center electrode
and let the spark flow "harmlessly" to ground.

For this reason I use a Moly-Disulfide paste as SP anti seize. It's
non-metallic and non-conductive and it won't cause this problem.