Re: [T3] compression test results on nadine.

On 6 Jan 2002, at 12:44, veedub@apartment101.com wrote:

> Do you find it particularly difficult to reach the left side idle mixture
> screw?  I'm always afraid I'm going to "ground" myself agaist the coil and
> get a little 20,000 volt shock.

It's not an unreasonable fear, but it seldom happens. As long as
the wires are in good shape and connected to the spark plugs, it
should be hard to be hurt. OTOH, I always pause at this point, too.

The other thing to keep in mind that it's not actually the spark that
will hurt you; it's what happens when you uncontrollably jerk your
hand/arm back. So watch for sharp things that you could get
snagged on if things go wrong and stay away from those bad
situations.