Re: [T3] FI vs Carbs

<x-charset iso-8859-1>VW71T3NC=> I am looking for more mpg, could really
=> care less about hp because I drive slow anyway,
=> want something that is cheap to fix when things
=> DO go awry, and want something easy to fix.
=> Those things said, do I stick with fuel injection
=> or switch to carbs?

Speaking as a carb guy who loves 'em, I'd recommend you stick with your
working FI system. If your only problem is mileage, you probably just need
some minor tweaking with timing. The FI systems require less maintenance,
fussing and expertise. While FI components can be a lot more costly, it's my
impression that the people who wind up spending a lot on replacement parts
are often stabbing at wrong fixes.

What's your current normal mileage?

Steven Ayres, Prescott AZ
'66 343