[T3] FI vs Carbs

I am really nervous about posting this question.  I tried to read the list
archive, but unfortunately was unable to find what I was looking for.  I have
a 1971 Fastback with fuel injection (1600).  I have been contemplating
switching to carbs but have no real insight as to the pros and cons of doing
so.  I live in NC, so it doesn't really get cold here (if that helps) and it
will be my every other day driver.  I am looking for more mpg, could really
care less about hp because I drive slow anyway, want something that is cheap
to fix when things DO go awry, and want something easy to fix.  Those things
said, do I stick with fuel injection or switch to carbs?