Re: [T3] Type 3 Carburetion

>Im certainly not heated... and a quick click of the >delete button and my
>opinions are *poof* gone!

...Nor am I heated, but people tend to get that way at
times. I certainly have. I would never delete your's
or anyone else's on this list's opinions. Everybody's
opinions here are to be valued. Some to be taken with
a grain of salt, but valued nonetheless. As many other
people have stated, this list is the single best
resource out there for us type 3 owners and the debates
we all get into at times are a very good tool to
sharpen all our mechanical knowledge. Everybody knows
that most people don't like introducing thier opinion
into a normal conversation, but hell, start an
"argument" and everybody puts thier 2 cents in. LOL.
This is a very healthy thing. Often times combining
several diiferent opinions, ends up producing a
combination that can work for everyone.

>I think the proverbial banana in the tailpipe here is >the heads... porting
>them would be needed to really increase flow >significantly.

             ... I completely agree. That's why I'm
sending a set of my stock VW heads to Rimco for a
rebuilding including a step up in valve size for
both intake and exhaust. If I decide to run the dell's
I'll put these on my motor. I may just put them on
even if I don't. Someone from this list told me one
time that the Bus carbs had venturis and jets that
were larger than (for the 1700 displacement) but
interchangeable with, the 32pdsit's and were a good
performance upgrade. Anybody want to comment on this?
I'm still not 100% decided yet, but I tend to like
the simplicity of the Solex's if I can make them
produce a bit more.

Marc
1967 Fastback

Sign up today at http://mail.lycos.com