Re: getting bleed nipples out

<x-charset iso-8859-1>From: "Cf Vw tuner" <cfvwtuner@hotmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, December 06, 2001 4:42 PM

From: "Dave Hall" <dave@hallvw.clara.co.uk>

> A few tips getting bleed nipples (screws) out.

<snip>

And another more drastic one, to be used when
a) the nipple hasn't sheared
b) the nut section is rounded off.

Expose some bare metal on what was the hexagonal part then put a blob of
weld on the nut.
The extreme heat often breaks the corrosion.
And then you have a stop against which mole grips (vise grips?) can be used
to free the nipple.

The nipple will be scrap, but at least the caliper can be saved this way.
Possibly easier than drilling a sheared nipple, if your drilling skills are
as bad as mine :-)

Matt.
(sorry if this is all teaching your grandmother to suck eggs :-)