Re: [T3] Type 3 Carburetion

 Since I started all this, i'd like to make a few
comments. I am doing my homework on this issue of
putting 36DRLA Dell's on my 1600. With the help
of pro's like Jake Raby of aircooled tech fame. He
says they will work perfectly in my application and
has even given me the correct numbers for jetting,
emulsion tubes, etc. The 36 dell's come with a 30
or 32mm venturi size which is why I chose them for
my application. Secondly, I will be running a header
system on my new motor, so it should breathe
sufficiently. I don't plan on "dragging" my rust free,
almost completely stock, unbutchered Fastback, i'd
just like a little more power available than the
stock solex's can provide. I will be keeping them
in case the dell's don't work out, or just in case
i'd like to return my car back to original. I don't
nescesarily think larger carburetion is a "killer"
of these engines, but I do know that miseducation
is. I know alot of lightsiders hate the thought
of most any performance alteration, but I believe
if those alterations are done on a very informed
and researched basis, and the option of returning to
original is unsacrificed, what's the harm?   :)

Marc
1967 Fastback

Sign up today at http://mail.lycos.com