Re: [T3] oil cooler

On 1 Jan 2002, at 9:42, Steve Friedeck wrote:

>    It looks to have been leaking around the seals. The padding around it
> is shot. One side where the air goes through is at least 90% blocked
> with crud but isn't wet with oil. I'm guessing after a good power
> washing it'll be OK. How do you know for sure, and what should I use for
> pad or insulation around it and how should I adhere the pad to the
> cooler?

The original padding is always shot by now. I replace it with
polyurethane foam I buy at an upholestery shop: 1/2" med density
foam. I can sell you a precut piece if you like. It can be glued in
place with gasket cement.

It's important that this foam be the to avoid cooling air leaking
around the cooler. You're also right in gettin the crud cleaned away
from the fins. Clean them out and straighten them up.