Re: [T3] Another Strange Noise

<x-charset iso-8859-1>> If you pull off the rubber bumpers on the rear axle, you will find that
they were
> held in place by little hollow steel mushrooms.

Trouble is, the Fastback's mushrooms had both rusted off, so no chance to
check it.  The Squareback hasn't had it's bump stops removed yet, but I'll
look when I do.  Sounds highly possible.

Dave.
UK VW Type 3 & 4 Club
http://www.hallvw.clara.co.uk/
------