[T3] hauling motor all day (just sharing odd day)

<x-charset iso-8859-1>Odd Sunny day,

Yesterday morning I loaded a motor that I borrowed from Nick of
Imperial Beach. I used this motor to drive a Fasty that I got from him
that did not come with the motor. Yesterday was the day to give it back
so when I crossed the USA/Mexico border , the US customs agents
asked me to open the back of my Square. Opening it revealed an
aircooled engine lying on some blankets, guards hudled around my
car and they laughinly concluded that I was carrying a spare engine
in case my car broke down.  They were also asking curious questions
about my car as if it were a novelty.

Apart from the guard's comments, on the next border lane, just next
to my lane, another square pulled up to the guardpost, then they moved
their attention to it by exclaiming, there's another one !

Driving down the freeway to a gas station, I stopped to get some gas
and opened the rear hatch to check my oil, a customer also commented,
Cool car, spare engine for  just in case!!!

At work, during lunch, while making sure cargo was secure some
co-workers watching, ask, hey you got a spare engine in case your
engine konks out ? Hee, Hee, Hee ?

I went to the beach for a long lunch and some surfer dudes and a couple
of surfer babes surrounded my car with cool car comments, they wanted
 a look inside, so when I opened the rear hatch, they commented, cool,
spare engine for when the old one frys  out ! Hee ! Hee ! Hee !

I finally unloaded the engine around 9:00 pm .  Finally, no spare engine
chukles from friends and strangers. What is the deal with the
spare engine jokes? Man, this cargo was a stigma. They made fun
of my baby all day while thinking it was cool.

>From there I abusingly drove my Square towards the border at 90 mph
and launched my car at every light, kept the first gear in my auto til 40
mph,
second till 60 mph, no SUV was able to touch me. Did not break my car
in the process and no spare engine is needed but did notice I need
tires balanced again.

I do not know what got into me, maybe it was all those spare engine jokes,
but I am feeling much better now.

LEON MARTINEZ

1969 SQUAREBACK EFI/AUTO
1967 FASTBACK  JUNKER (TO BE DARKSIDED FOR MAX SPEED )

SAN DIEGO  AND TIJUANA

</x-charset>