From: Everett Barnes [mailto:everettb@thesamba.com]
Sent: Saturday, February 23, 2002 6:27 PM
To: Type 3 (E-mail)
Subject: Re: [T3] seat belts

>on the subject of seat belts, mine does not retract-is this something worth
tinkering with-oror is it a nightmare to open up? i havent looked too
closely,iwas just cleaning up the sqbk recently and thought i might start
using mine....

The retraction spring may have broken, one of mine was like that.  It's easy
to replace, if you have a spare belt to pull the spring from.

I have photos of the belt disassembled on my '67 Squareback page:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/scrapbook/67square

Click on "Log".

Regards,
Everett