Re: [T3] tach instal/over the top

<x-charset iso-8859-1>From: "Benjamin Hess" <hessticles@hotmail.com>

> what is the best way to get a wire back to the coil from the gauge,
without riping a bunch of stuff out.

I don't know what your carpet situation is, but there should be room along
the right side of the tunnel and access holes under the rear seat and in the
rear firewall that should be able to accommodate a tach wire.  If you have a
full carpet setup, an 'easy' way would be to remove the front seats and pull
up on your carpet along the tunnel, just enough to give you some
wire-shoving room.  You shouldn't need to _remove_ the carpet at all, unless
someone has used an inordinate amount of adhesive to hold it down.  Hope
that works for you.

As far as the exhaust pictures go, sign me up!  I am seriously considering
the over-the-top setup, and would really appreciate seeing an installed
version.  I have a couple questions too:

- The ad pictures make it seem that the exhaust exits to the side.  Is this
accurate?
- I've heard the header/collector is a one piece unit.  Did you buy the
header that is advertised with the muffler, and if so, how did it work out
for you?  Any really heavy muscling involved?
- Did you get the ceramic coated version?  Either way, how is the overall
quality of the system?

Thanks for your time,
Freddie Lochner
www.geocities.com/SixtyNineNotch