Re: [T3] electrical woes cont'd

> Still in print with the wiring diagrams in B&W. I have a few old copies
> available for sale with the color wiring diagrams.

I want to buy a color bently manual. How much are you asking for it?

> Should be just one of the relays by the VR, plus the relay under the dash
> which turns on the fuel pump. Put your hand on this and see if you can feel it
> click when you turn the key ON.
>
> The fuel pump relay should click off about 1 sec later, but I gather this is not
> happening. We have to determine whether it is turning on and not off or just
> not turning on at all. Then we can try to figure out what the problem is.

My T3 has two relays by the voltage regulator, but it's a canadian T3 and I think
the extra relay is for the rear defogger. But for sure the fuel pump relay (under the dash) isn't working
when you turn the ignition to the on position. I was able to test it out, and when I ground out the
grey wire on the relay, it clicks and the pump turns on. Sure wish I had a wiring diagram.

> Can you turn the engine over with a wrench on the generator? (Just to make
> sure the engine is not frozen up.)

Yeah, that was my first concern. But the engine isn't siezed, and it turns relatively easily.
I had to replace the original starter with one I got as a spare when I bought another T3. My T3 is
automatic. Would there be any chance of having the wrong starter in this car?

Thanks, Rich