RE: Was ' electrical woes' now 'jumping' question

On 19 Feb 2002, at 17:01, jason.smith@sarcom.com wrote:

> This brings up a good point.  Can you 'jump(one vehicle to another)' the FI
> cars.  I have done this on my 69 Square and 72 fastback with no adverse effects
> but it was a dispirit measure, but was very concerned I would do damage.  Can
> anyone clear this up.  I know in the Idiots Guide and the Owners Manual say this
> is a no-no.

I've done this many times with no ill effects. It's best to use the charging
system on the "good" car to recharge the battery on the "dead" car for a
minute or so before you try to start the latter. Do this at med RPM. This is
actually good advice for jumping ANY car. It's lots easier on everything.