RE: Was ' electrical woes' now 'jumping' question

> Is it OK to use a battery charger to start your FI T3?
>Advice from the oficial manual  is not to "jump" the FI engine; I assume
they mean with   >something other than a normal output from another car's
charging system.  I can't see     >using jump leads from another car should
overwhelm a FI system.

This brings up a good point.  Can you 'jump(one vehicle to another)' the FI
cars.  I have done this on my 69 Square and 72 fastback with no adverse
effects but it was a dispirit measure, but was very concerned I would do
damage.  Can anyone clear this up.  I know in the Idiots Guide and the
Owners Manual say this is a no-no.

Jason Smith
'72 Fastback AT FI
'97 Jetta