Re: [T3] Another silly question

On 17 Feb 2002, at 22:48, Thomas wrote:

> What is the opening in the engine compartment with a rubber gasket over it
> on
> the driver's side supposed to be for?  I'm thinking my upright engine would
> breathe through there if I left it open.  I've got a picture in case my vivid
> description doesn't communicate what the heck I'm talking about.

Are you asking about the somewhat rectangular opening with a metal plate
sealed in it, that is actually in the trunk above the engine compartment (for a
correct type 3 engine), on the left side?

If so, that's where the fuel injection brain attached for the 68-73 type 3s in the
US and some other countries.