Re: [T3] Valves, and timing(sorta)

On Sat, 2002-02-16 at 19:38, jonathan hesby wrote:
> Ok, so thats not entirely what its about, but today with the help of a
>  friend I adjusted the valves on my fasty for the first time, oh sure I've
>  completely redone the brakes, pulled the engine to replace the pressure
>  plate, and even spent two days loowering the car, but for the first time
>  since I got the car a year or so ago, I did the valves, not someone else me. Sorry about the rant. While doung the valves my budy who has had a 56
> panel since he was 14, asked me if anyone made a degree pulley for the
> type 3, I knew no one did, but it made me wonder why not. Do any of you
> have an answer?? Because it would be so much easier on us all if someone
> did.
>                      Jonathan
We do, sort of. All the marks that are needed to set timing and valves,
are there.
Besides, after 0ver 30 years of rebuilding VW engines, I have never
found a need for a degree pulley. Most of the ones for the T-1 engines
that I have seen, are smaller in diameter, and therefore making the
cooling fan turn slower. Not a good thing on an air cooled engine.

end of rant

--
Russ Wolfe
'66 FB MT (It drove)