Re: [T3] Fuel Pump for Type III ???

On 16 Feb 2002, at 7:41, JCDCROSS4U@aol.com wrote:

> Does anyone out here have a Fuel Pump for a 1970 Fuel Injected type III
> Fasty? Mine has died. I have tried many things and to may Luck it is the Pump
> not pumping. If so could you email me with a price for one.

I have a few rebuilt early pumps. These were rebuilt by Bosch many years
ago, but are still good. While they are the style used in 68-9, they will fit and
work just fine in any year type 3. The only functional difference is that the
hose connections are in slightly different locations. The price on these is
$55, including shipping.

Before you buy one, however, you should make sure that the fault is actually
in the pump. There are many other things that can make the pump stop
running, including a bad pump relay, bad wiring, bad ground, bad fuse, loss
of power to the FI system, etc, etc.

When you turn the key ON, do you hear a relay click and then a second
click about a second later? You should. During this time, can someone stick
their head under the front bumper and hear the pump running? Note that
unless the engine actually starts, the pump will only run for this ~1 second.

It's a lot of work to replace the pump, and it is expensive, so you need to
make sure that the pump is really the problem, because it seldom is unless
we're talking about a car that has been sitting without running for several
years.