[T3] The latest news about SIR, Bremerton, and the vintage meet

<x-charset iso-8859-1>This is a cut and paste from another forum explaining the latest in Seattle
area shows. PIR is a separate entity and I have no info, nor any about
Woodburn, yet.

.......No Pacific Raceways show as of this time. And after driving over to
the track a couple of weekends ago, I let my self in the back gate, and
waited in what's left of the office for anybody to show. The phone number on
the web site is bogus, and directory assistance also give out a number that
only rings, and rings. However the new track manager likes VW's, BUT needed
operating capitol to make MAJOR improvements at the facility. A new
dragstrip IS being built where the return road was, and may operate in the
opposite direction, to cut down on the late afternoon sun directly behind
the christmas tree. They are still working out the details. The only dates
offered were Sat. June 8th, Friday night July 12th, and the Labor day
weekend, the first week of Sept. I am going to the Classic in June. FORGET
Friday night, that is the weekend of the Vintage meet in Seattle, and the
Bremerton meet also near Seattle. I wish the NW VW Club could work out a
date swap with the Vintage club to have the vintage meet on Sunday, as the
Handlers Racing ASSN, will only give up 1 day to the VW Club, Saturday July
13th. The first weekend in Sept, it ALWAYS RAINS in the NW. I know, I have
run the car shows at the racetrack for the Mopar Natls, and the Nostalgia
drags the last few years, in a downpour. Rich of Autovice/Bow-Wow is still
trying to work out a date, but the track manager told me "no-way, not this
year" BUT, he does want the event to return next year, on the new strip,
with expanded activities, and reduced rates...The sports car clubs all put
up cash in advance, and lots of it, to guarantee there dates, and track
improvements. I was told with several phone calls, no dates were being set
last year, and call back after Jan 1, 2002, when the new manager took over.
The sports car guys apparently were told differently by all the staff who
got fired by the new manager. By the way, the new manager is very highly
respected, and should be a GREAT addition to the local racing community
...... by Robert Fish