From: Big Al [mailto:Big.Al@hvwc.net]
Sent: Friday, February 15, 2002 7:50 AM
To: type3@vwtype3.org
Subject: Re: [T3] VW and air cooled (was RMMW)

OK, I'm glad to see someone else bring this up.

Wolfgang Intl. has every right to keep the logo on that truck.

It is a photo of a Volkswagen Part.  As long as they do not state that they
sell THAT part VW should not be able to win a lawsuit.

However it's not to say that VW wouldn't take em to court just to bankrupt
them with court and lawyer fees...

So how does VWTrends and Hot VW's get away with it in their photo shoots?

Big Al
(stepping off soap box)

>Its so bad that Wolfgang International, a  aftermarket parts suppller for
bus
>parts, has had to blackout the VW  logo on the single cab bus that is in
their ad
>in the March Hot VW  Magazine. This is the company that had Paul's (Smith?)
>Beautful Single  cab from Temple, TX that ran a whole year in their adds.
It is
>a  differnt one this year (Ron Cambra). The ad says "Emblem removed at
>Volkswagen's request!"

////////////////////////////////////////
Obligatory Signature here:

For your VW Type 3 cravings:
http://www.autographica.com/vw
- Type Three Parts Book Online
- Type Three Cabriolet Prototype Project
- Rebus Project: 1962 Notchback Restoration

...and the Houston Volkswagen Club
http://www.hvwc.net

watch the current project in progress linked from
http://www.hvwc.net