RE: [T3] VW and air cooled (dealerships)

<x-charset iso-8859-1>>I called my local VW dealer today for some info on an '88 VW Cabriolet.
>I was told that they didn't work on anything that old.
>I made a comment about maybe needing parts for a Type-3 also, and the
>reply was, "Whats that?"

>Russ Wolfe

Guess different dealerships have different policies, VW of Chattanooga (TN)
still sells air-cooled parts (not sure about T3 parts haven't tried) and is
about the only place to get some T2 parts around there, not too bad on
prices either.  Side note, after a 2 year hiatus w/ old management being
disgusted by the mention of air-cooled models, the new management in the
last few months has teamed up with our local club to organize events at the
dealership and they are the main supporter of our 2 day show in April.
Maybe this is the faint flickering light of support starting back up from
the bottom???  At least one place has begun to recognize the value and
consumer opinions of heritage.

Travis
'66 Fasty
www.vwtrav.vwherb.com