[T3] story and problem (2)

Hi,

I know my breather is working because I can feel a slight amount of air
coming out at idle. I have an aftermarket bugpack type3 unit, that goes
in place of the original one. I even have hoses connected to it from
my valve covers. My compression is 7.5:1, but who knows with the jackasses
that built my motor. I think whoever machined the case, somehow fucked
up the front. Like chipped it just enough where oil now leaks out. The
sand seal really didn't help much.

BTW, I took out my brushes today and cleaned as best I could the copper
shaft that spins. Well, I can now see copper shine through. But I think
the bigger problem is the bottom brush's corner was broken off. So, I
figure that must be my charging problem.

Chris Knapik
vw.web.com

Bummer!... been there... in a different way.  You cant build the 1776's
in a
schlock way.. even properly built there only good for 90-100K. IF your
breather is working and hooked up properly... and thats a big if.. you
have
a serious blow by problem.  whats the compression??

Sign Up Now! http://www.onebox.com