[T3] exhaust ideas

Steve Ayres writes:

<< I've been working with these guys on a design for a Typ 3 performance
 exhaust. Has anyone come up with a design that:

 - extracts properly for a larger engine
 - does not hang below the engine or rear apron, and
 - does not intersect or harm the intake bellows?

 I'd love to hear ideas.

Though they're loud & rather Dark, the dual glasspacks that came with my car
fit these 3 requirements.
When I bought the car, PO told me the pipes were custom-bent in order to
provide proper length/"tune" for both cylinders per side... I figured at the
time the guy was full of crap, but never bothered to research this further...
it is a pretty zany-looking asymmetrical setup, though.  What are the odds
the kid was telling me the truth?

But bottom line, they do the job, tuck under the apron nicely (stick out just
even w/ the bumper, and ride just slightly higher than the bottom of the
case), they stay very cool, and  - bonus - can easily drown out the huge,
gaudy echo-can on that 19-year-old's Civic in the next lane, should you wish
to assert yourself a little.

--timmy
'72 square
'69 square