RE: [T3] road trip gear by plane

Greg, you shouldn't have any difficulty with those items.  Just make sure you're not carrying any aerosol cans or flammables.  I've flown over a dozen times since September 11th, and the only things I've had issues with were my butane for my soldering iron, and occasionally, some security checkpoints try to confiscate disposable lighters.  Common sense is the best travel tip I can offer.  As long as you're not a smart-alec about it, there shouldn't be any real problem.  I travel with a ~79 Lb. toolbox (80 is excess baggage) because I can't always count on being able to get to a radio shack / home depot if I'm at sea on a ship, and don't have any trouble with it.  Be aware that there may be a vehicle search if you're planning on parking at the airport, and the x-ray / metal detector checks are becoming a real PITA.  Allow yourself plenty of time. :-)

Jake Kooser
www.donttrythisathome.org