Re: Manufacturing Co-Op (Was Abarth Muffler

>>I have been thinking about this a little.  I was wondering if we
did decide to have someone (a fab shop maybe) manufacture these, what
would it cost for how many.<<

Since Flat4 already makes reproduction Abarths for the Type 1 and they
also offer reproductions of rare accessories for the Type 3 I think we
should try to persuade them to repro the Type 3 Abarth (or maybe they
are already in the process of doing this, as another listee has
suggested...). Anyone on the list speak Japanese?

>>The most expensive part of that muffler is probably the 2 gland nuts
that screw into the small heat exchanger.<<

A way to avoid this (that would still involve a lot of work) would be to
have integrated heat exchangers like the pre-1965 Type 3 mufflers had.
The first Type 3 Abarths were set up this way. Easier to install too.

Scott
62 343, 65 361, 01 Golf GL