Re: Manufacturing Co-Op (Was Abarth Muffler

On Sat, 2002-02-09 at 00:05, Marc Bona wrote:
>  Personally I would be all for this and would help in
> any way humanly possible. We have enough tecnically
> skilled minds on this list to at very least manufacture
> some simple Type 3 speciffic parts. Jim has already
> voiced the fact that he's manufactured some minor parts

The most expensive part of that muffler is probably the 2 gland nuts
that screw into the small heat exchanger.
Even if they are made in quantity, there is a lot of work in one. To
make them 1 at a time on a lathe and a mill, would take someone at least
a couple hours to make out of solid stock. Cutting the threads would
take the most time.
It would have to be a labor of love to make custom parts for our type
3's

Russ Wolfe
russw@classicvw.org