Re: [T3]

On 8 Feb 2002, at 14:27, Will Barratt wrote:

> Is this fan a genuine T3 part?

Yes

> http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/classifieds.mv?view+summary+2002020718085
> 17920

> I dont remember my fan from my 71 looking anything like
> this. Mine was a series of pressed together peices of
> steel not a cast piece of metal.

What they're showing is not a fan but what we call the pulley. There are
actually several different versions of the pulley, with different timing marks,
and the seller has not mentioned which one this is.

You are correct that the actual fan is made of a bunch of pressed steel
pieces. I believe all the type 3 fans are alike.

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org
Madison, WI 53711-3054