Re: [T3] Re: E-BAy offerings

 I agree totally with Steven Ayres on this one. e-Bay
has been great to me in the ongoing restoration of my
Fastback. Sure people who do the last minute bid thing
can get REALLY annoying (i've lost my share to those
types) but it really is the name of the game....you
snooze, you loose. The best thing to do is punch a
wall (just kidding of course), suck it up and keep
looking...the parts are out there. To me, it's all a
very simple prospect. Bid what it's worth to you and
if you loose it, either it was worth more to the other
guy, or the other guy is a moron. If people don't want
to risk loosing an item to someone, the thing to do
is go to a retailer and buy it. Very safe, no
competition either. Buying on e-Bay really is no
different than any other purchase one makes....in the
end the only person who can make sure you don't get
screwed, is you yourself. Ask questions and lots of
them, ask for more pictures and if the seller
won't provide them, either they are not really that
interested in selling their item or they're trying to
hide something. Either way, you should avoid buying
from people like this, no matter how bad you want what
they've got. The responsibility is yours and yours
alone. 'Nuff said.
Marc
1967 Fastback

Sign up today at http://mail.lycos.com