Re: E-BAy offerings

<x-charset iso-8859-1>Hi,

I have had mostly good experience with eBay. You have to be really careful
that the item is what you need - I have bought a couple of wrong items -
thanks goodness nothing expensive - but I have never had an item not arrive
and I have never felt that I have been cheated by a seller. A couple of
times I have been overcharged for shipping (many Americans seem to have
little understanding of the international postal system), and have received
refunds.

If you pay too much for an item you really only have yourself to blame.
Sometimes you see items going for completely ridiculous prices, and the best
thing is not to get involved in these crazy bidding wars. I have overpaid a
couple of times, and I have also found some real bargains, so all in all I
suppose I am about even.

That said, I am using eBay less now, because of the danger of wasting money
on the wrong items. I have bought most of my recent parts from reputable
companies or knowledgeable Type 3 or Type 34 list members.

I am going to be selling some items for the first time this weekend, to try
to recoup some of my (modest) losses on the useless items.

On the same subject, does anyone want a pair of NOS late model Type 3 wiper
arms? Will sell or exchange for something I can use.

Regards,

Daniel Baum,
'69 Type 34 automatic

> Here's my input:
>   Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!
>
> Be different and READ everything!  This means read the
e-Screw-You-Over-Bay