RE: [T3] Needle mixture meter

<x-charset iso-8859-1>Sorry Jim, I know you know what a merged header is, brain-fart on me :)

I recall somewhere in the murky cobwebs of my mind that an O2 sensor needs
to be about 600-deg. F minimum (oh darn, maybe that was for the catalytic
converter...?).  Also, for us at least, this is where a heated sensor would
be necessary I think.  I know the heated ones are meant to get the sensor
'on-line' more quickly but I'm not sure about whether it stays on all the
time.  To be honest, I've never measured the temp of my exhaust so I don't
know what temps come out.  I know that my old stinger was all sorts of
pretty colors up to the mid-point so some good heat was coming out of the
header (my new stinger is ceramic coated and always looks the same).

   Toby Erkson
   air_cooled_nut@pobox.com
   '95 VW Jetta III GL 2.0L, P-Chip, Jamex suspension, 2.25" MagnaFlow
exhaust, etc.
   Portland, Oregon, http://www.icbm.org/

</x-charset>