RE: [T3] Needle mixture meter

On 7 Feb 2002, at 7:09, Erkson, Toby wrote:

> Key indicator, Jim, is the "QP muffler".  That means an after-market exhaust
> header and those are merged, thus setting up a nice mounting point to poke
> the sensor in to :)

Right, I understood your first comment.

I just doubted if the exhaust was still hot enough by the time the cylinders
were merged. That's about 3-4' from the heads, and I thought that most cars
with oxygen sensors had them within a foot or so.

I know that any part of the muffler will get hot enough to burn me, but I think
the oxygen sensor has to be at something like 800-1000F to work properly.

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org
Madison, WI 53711-3054