[T3] RE: [T3] VIN # question

<x-charset iso-8859-1>>I have a 64 notch vin#366929, that I'd like to find what model it is. (n
or s).  Can the model be found knowing the vin#?

No.

366929 = Early '64 model

>The car has 2 carbs, no key access on passenger side, trim, and a black
plastic strip to hold the light and wiper switch on the dash, no sunroof.
 Previous owner did not know either.

No key access = N model, unless the door has been changed.

Other possible signs it could be a 'N' model:
Bullet front signals
Prop rods for front and rear trunk lids
Painted rear reflector housings instead of chrome
No passenger sun visor
1-piece door panels with small Beetle-style armrest instead of full-length
'Z' armrest

Dual carbs could have been installed.
Trim could have been installed.
The black plastic strip is because N-models didn't get the push-button dash?
 Or it's a dealer replacement for when the push-button dash burned up (common
fix).

Everett
http://www.thesamba.com

</x-charset>